Historically, the ICB has been engaged in the study of natural products of marine and terrestrial origin, starting from the collection of biological samples, even in extreme environments, up to the chemical characterization of the molecules of interest and the understanding of their functions.
- CStructural characterization of natural products and secondary metabolites;
- Biosynthesis and metabolic pathways;
- Characterization of phytocomplexes and plant extracts;
- Preparation of essential oils;
- Production of bacterial and microalgal biomasses.