Sustainable Chemical Synthesis
The institute is committed to the study of synthetic products and procedures with low environmental and energy impact, with the aim of reducing or eliminating the use or generation of hazardous substances, along with promoting safer alternatives for humans and the environment.
In parallel with the promotion of non-polluting molecules as valid green alternatives to the use of dangerous chemicals, preferentially obtained from renewable sources, more efficient and safer synthetic procedures are being studied which involve the implementation of eco-compatible reactions, reagents, solvents and catalysts green.
- New methods in organic synthesis;
- Green synthesis and sustainable scale-up of high added value molecules;
- Sustainable strategies and technologies for the enhancement of biomass and by-products of the agri-food industry;
- Formulation of environmentally friendly paints and chemicals;
- Development of sustainable materials and processes for the removal of pollutants from water, air and soil.