Study of the chemical reactions underlying the biological processes that regulate the structure and transformations of cells and its components with a multidisciplinary approach. Particular importance is placed on understanding the structure-function relationships of biomolecules and their interactions, the mechanism of action, the main metabolic pathways, highlighting their interconnections.
- Characterization of biological systems and medical diagnostics through the application of spectroscopic, spectrometric and optical techniques, including “omic” platforms (transcriptomics, lipidomics, glycomics, metabolomics) and advanced imaging (eg microscopy, mass imaging);
- Ligand-receptor interaction, study of molecular and cellular pathways, biosynthesis;
- Study of the endocannabinoid and phytocannabonoids systems;
- Study of biological properties by means of phenotypic or receptorial assays;
- Development of in vivo models also in unconventional organisms;
- Characterization of the mechanism of action of physiological mediators and drug candidates.